Hard to believe another week has come and gone. The Friday Fives are here to take you into the weekend. Here we go...
Games to Watch
WSOC: New Hampshire visits Maine on Sunday hoping to maintain its third place standing. The Black Bears are just one spot behind the Wildcats.
MSOC: The game of the weekend is Vermont at Binghamton on Saturday. The Catamounts need a win to keep sole possession of first place.
FH: Albany at Fairfield tonight is a huge matchup for both teams. Both have had great seasons, but haven't been able to get a win in conference so far. You can bet the players will be amped up for this one.
VB: New Hampshire at Albany isn't the only big match of the weekend. Stony Brook visits Binghamton just one spot behind the Bearcats in fourth place. Playoff implications already.
XC: As we mentioned yesterday, Albany, Boston U., Maine and New Hampshire are all running at the Pre-National meet in Louisville, Ky. Just two weeks until the America East Championship, folks.
The Numbers Game
30: Boston U. extended its America East women's soccer winning streak to 30 with a win over Hartford last night. The Terriers also moved into first place.
9: Milo Kapor's assist total this season is second in the country. He is just one assist behind the NCAA
63: Boston U. men's soccer has racked up a tons of shots in conference play. Through three games, the Terriers have taken 19 more shots than any other team.
9.27: Stephanie Zygmunt has been a bright spot for Vermont field hockey, ranking second in the nation in saves per game.
13-12: This is the edge that Albany has over New Hampshire in the all-time volleyball series. The last time New Hampshire won at Albany was 2007. Big matchup tonight.
Lights, Camera, Action
The latest episode of Stony Brook's Get Your Red On Minute is out.
Check out the top plays from Binghamton during the month of September.
Boston U. posted a video recap of the women's soccer trip to California.
Amelia Pereira was once again the Hartford Mooyah Player of the Week.
In case you missed it, check out the our video from last weekends Catamount Classic.
Social Media Central -- 5 Ways to Connect
1) It's #FanFriday, so make sure to tell us which games you're going to this weekend using our hashtags: #AEMSOC, #AEWSOC, #AEFH, #AEVB, #AEXC and as always, #AmericaEast
2) Our Twitter account will be sharing your best photos throughout the day. Here's one we've already shared!
3) If you need a primer on the weekend action, check out the AExtra post from yesterday.
4) You can look for scores and links to stats and recaps throughout the weekend on our Twitter (@AmericaEast) and Facebook (fb.com/americaeast) pages!
5) When Monday rolls around, we'll get you caught up on anything you may have missed over the weekend with the Monday Rewind. We'll have a picture of the week, a full recap on AExtra and a Social Media Recap on AmericaEast.com. Post about the America East and you might get mentioned!