Once you finish watching the plays, head over to our Facebook page and vote for your favorite!
Games to Watch
- FH: (12) Boston U. visits (23) Albany in an America East clash that features two teams which have combined to win six of the last seven conference titles. Check out the full preview on our website.
- FH: (24) Maine will visit Massachusetts with a chance for a seven game winning streak if they can get by Vermont on Saturday.
- MSOC: Hartford at Boston U. is a rematch from last year's America East semifinals. We took a little closer look at this game on the blog yesterday.
- VB: Binghamton and New Hampshire both won in the first week of conference play. If both squads win tonight, a pair of winning streaks -- three for Binghamton and five for New Hampshire -- will be on the line when the Bearcats travel to Durham.
- XC: Two weekends ago, five America East squads got together for the Pre-Conference Meet at New Hampshire. Today, four America East schools will run in the Paul Short Invitational at Lehigh. That group includes the men's (Boston U.) and women's (Vermont) winner from the Pre-Conference Meet.
The Numbers Game
1,384: The average attendance at Stony Brook men's lacrosse games over the past eight seasons. The Seawolves were tabbed as the host for the America East championship in 2013 & '14 yesterday.
10/4: Amelia Pereira netted two more goals last night and is now in the midst of a serious hot streak: over Hartford's last four games, Pereira has racked up 10 points.
1.87: New Hampshire field hockey is outscoring its opponents by an average margin of 1.87 goals a game. Not only is that the best in the America East, it's 10th in the nation.
.872: That's the save percentage for Vermont keeper Conor Leland. He's been so good that he ranks 11th in that country in that statistic.
4.28: Freshman Melissa Rigo of Stony Brook has burst on the scene this year. That she is among the top 30 in the country with 4.28 kills per set comes as no surprise to us.
Linked Up: Friday Fives Edition
Vermont continues its weekly series, Catamount Weekly.
Another great video feature that made its premiere last week, make sure you check out the second week of Stony Brook's Get Your Red On Minute.
More from Vermont, as the women's basketball team will sponsor a series of free instructional clinics around the state.
The Pipe Dream has a nice story on the Binghamton volleyball team.
Some football here: a great story from the Bangor Daily News about a Maine player who draws inspiration from his late grandmother.
Here are five ways you can interact with the America East today and throughout the weekend:
1) Tweet us a picture of you and some friends at a game. If we like it, you just might end up on our Twitter or Facebook page for #FanFriday or #MondayRewind
2) Vote for the America East Play of the Week on Facebook. The play the receives the most "likes" will earn the honor!
3) Follow all things America East this weekend by using our hashtags:
- #AEWSOC -- Women's Soccer
- #AEMSOC -- Men's Soccer
- #AEFH -- Field Hockey
- #AEVB -- Volleyball
- #AEXC -- Cross Country
4) Subscribe to our lists on Twitter. Visit our index here and customize your America East news!